Friday, March 18, 2016

Living The Blessed Life

My life is precious.. Could I ask for any more? 

I love being able to work with all my animals. I love my horses. I love my chickens. Gathering eggs in the evening, feeding the horses, loving on everyone. It keeps me going after a long day at work. I'm so blessed to be able to surround myself with what I love. Some people can't believe we have so many, and I always hear "That must be a lot of work". And it is. But it's my passion. I wouldn't change a thing. I love my crazy, beautiful farm. 


Nando and the puppies are good. We had to put Grant's dog Roxie to sleep a few weeks ago due to health issues. So we are down to just three boys now! 
(sharing a popsicle in the picture below)



My chickens are doing well! Growing bigger still and laying more consistently.




We get a colorful batch of eggs every day!



We have had Dallas for almost 6 months now and he has come along wonderfully. He still has some weight to gain (mostly muscle) but he's doing well, both physically and mentally. He's not flighty like he used to be. He seems to be more confident. I'm loving his progress and he will be saddled next month! 




Sire can't take a decent picture to save his life.. Goofball always has his tongue out.



The animals know how to make Grant feel better after the loss of his dog! A few days after it happened, we went out to see the horses and laid in the round bale for about an hour just loving on the horses. They were so gentle and careful. Precious souls, all of them!




The newest addition to the farm is the chicken coop in the barn. We are getting a group of chickens to free range down in the barn and clean up after the horses. The coop if finally finished and has been dubbed the "Chick Inn". Cheesy right? But it's beautiful! It adds character to the barn!





 I live a blessed life. We may not have all the money in the world, but we are rich with blessings!!
My heart is so happy in my sanctuary!






No comments:

Post a Comment