Saturday, February 20, 2016

Here's What You've Missed

Taking a break from social media has affected me so much more than I thought it would. I finally feel like I'm at peace again. I don't worry about anything anymore and I'm really back to enjoying life again. But...here's what you've missed.

The horses are doing great. I will tell you there's a reason people make money selling and making round bale feeders/hay rings. Because if you don't, you're horse that thinks he is a big dog (Sire) likes to try and climb on top of it. They destroyed the bale in about 5 days, and now have decided it's the best of both worlds to sleep in it and eat it. Goals for 2016: Buy a round bale feeder.


The weather is doing some funky stuff. Just 1 week ago it was 20 degrees and we had 4 inches of snow. Now it's 70 and sunny. Lovely Indiana. Lovely. (But really, I love the warm weather. Spring can hurry right on over.)

From last Sunday ^

Dallas is doing wonderfully. I want to see about riding him but EVERY TIME I go out thinking I'll work with Dallas, Sire is just irresistible to me. I love that dang horse so much, I can't imagine riding anyone else. Sire is my main man. And speaking of Sire, he was an angel today. Grant and I finally got a decent day to ride, and the boys did great. It was the first time since December that we have had a chance to ride and they were fairly well behaved. 


February is the worst month, in my opinion. Although it is the shortest month (in days only), it seems to drag on relentlessly. So to get myself through this month, I started another project. 
I have been tossing around the idea of having a small flock of chickens that free range in and around the barn to clean up after the horses. Plus I just like my chickens and they lay good eggs. 


So the "Convert a horse stall to a chicken coop" project began. I'm proud to say that aside from buying the hardware cloth and screws, all of this was done with scraps of wood from around our place (and some from my brother). I'm so crafty. 

Here's the before picture. A dirty 8x10 horse stall. 


Here's the after picture. An almost finished cute coop!



My cute nesting boxes with curtains. You can't tell but they have little roosters on them!



With all the time I've had now that I'm not wasting it on Facebook and Instagram, I'm spending lots more time getting myself back on track with the good Lord. He has proven himself so much the past 2 weeks. I normally struggle with headaches and stomach issues. I constantly have to take Ibuprofen and Prevacid and such. But I really have been praying that God bring back a true peace to me. 99% of my health issues are because of stress. I just don't handle it well..but then does anyone really handle stress well? 
I'm happy to announce that the past 2 weeks, I've not taken ANY medicine.. None. I really am feeling truly relaxed and at peace for the first time in months. I'm enjoying life. I'm enjoying work. I'm feeling my attitude change. My lovely, patient husband even noticed a difference in my attitude. It's great that God can really bring a true peace when you get rid of the distractions and allow him to work. 


I'm thankful for fun evenings at Jiffy Treat with some of my favorite people too. I love that Grant and I can hang out with my brother and sister in law (and MASON! too.) We always have a blast and God has certainly blessed us with a great friendship. 




We also were lucky enough to celebrate 2 very special birthdays. 
Nalen Pie Quimby and Tuff Puppy Quimby. 
They turned 1 year old TODAY!!! So happy birthday kiddos. You two are infuriating but adorable. If you weren't so cute we would have taken you back to the shelter already, you filthy dogs. But mommy and daddy love you both so much and we think you are growing up to be super great dogs!



Overall, things are going really well. Life feels like it has settled down tremendously. Grant and I are happier than we have been. We are seeing God's goodness fulfilled in our lives every day. 


Psalms 118: 14 "The Lord is my strength and my defense. He has become my Salvation."

Goodbye until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment